Dear all EPICS users,
The Instrumentation and Applied Acoustics Research Group from Technical University of Madrid has developed the IRIO EPICS Device Support for cRIO and FlexRIO FPGA based devices from National Instruments.
This device support based on Asyn has been integrated and tested in ITER CODAC Core System for fast controllers and it is distributed under GPL v2 license.
IRIO EPICS Device Driver v1.2.0 is now available as a Prerelease in GitHub: https://github.com/irio-i2a2
Technical support and product information at: email@example.com
The home page of IRIO Technology for advanced FPGA data acquisition systems is:
The IRIO Software Tools Installation instructions can be found at:
The IRIO software in GitHub is divided as follows:
- IRIO LabVIEW Test TemplatesThe IRIO LabVIEW Test Templates folder includes complete LabVIEW projects for cRIO and FlexRIO platforms ready to be use with IRIO Library. These templates make use of all data acquisition profiles described in the IRIO Design Rules Document, including analog/digital I/O and image acquisition using CameraLink.
- IRIO LibraryIRIO Library allows the users to develop standalone C/C++ applications or EPICS IOCs (using IRIO EPICS Device Support) to acquire data using NI RIO Hardware (cRIO and FlexRIO). The IRIO Library API allows the applications to detect the hardware (cRIO and FlexRIO) and the data acquisition profile selected. These profiles allow direct I/O Data Acquisition, DMA Data Acquisition, and DMA Image Acquisition, using different cRIO and FlexRIO devices. It allows access to the resources implemented in the FPGA design. All information about IRIO Library is in the IRIO Library User Manual
- IRIO EPICS Device Support The IRIO EPICS Device Support main goal is the integration of advanced data acquisition applications in EPICS. It allows the users to develop EPICS IOCs (using IRIO Library) to acquire data using cRIO and FlexRIO devices. This device support has been implemented using asynDriver. This device support implements different data acquisition profiles allowing direct I/O Data Acquisition, DMA Data Acquisition, and DMA Image Acquisition, using cRIO and FlexRIO platforms. The resources implemented in the FPGA design can be controlled using EPICS PVs based on the asyn interfaces (asynlnt32, asynOctet, asynFloat64, asynFloat32Array, asynlnt8Array, etc.). All IRIO EPICS Device Support information available at the IRIO EPICS Device Support User Manual
- IRIO EPICS Sample Unit The IRIO EPICS Sample Unit is a collection of EPICS IOCS testing the complete integration of advanced data acquisition applications using IRIO technology. It is composed by five different test applications.
- These applications are:
- cRIOIO: Application based on cRIO platform using direct I/O data acquisition profile.
- cRIODMA: Application based on cRIO platform using DMA data acquisition profile.
- fRIO5761: Application based on FlexRIO platform (PXIe7966/65+NI5761) using DMA data acquisition profile for analog data acquisition.
- fRIO6581: Application based on FlexRIO platform (PXIe7966/65/61+NI6581) using DMA data acquisition profile for digital data acquisition.
- fRIO1483: Application based on FlexRIO platform (PXIe7966/65+NI1483) using Image DMA data acquisition profile to be used with CameraLink cameras.
We hope you find this solution interesting for your applications.